7 Essential Components for Deploying Your BYOD Solution
Adopting a formal bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy can help your organization overcome challenges and embrace consumerization. Learn more about the essential components of a BYOD strategy.
Consumerization is expected to be the single greatest trend impacting IT over the next decade, and one of the most obvious examples of this shift is the influx of personal devices in the workplace. Is your organization prepared to manage these devices? There’s no denying it’s a daunting task. Adopting a formal bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy can help your organization overcome challenges and embrace consumerization.
The essential components for a BYOD strategy include:
- App store – Help people securely access the apps they need on the devices they choose. Provide a seamless, HD experience across device, locations and networks.
- Secure access – Support compliance and data protection with access control, auditing and reporting.
- Enterprise mobility management – Give IT identity-based provisioning and control of apps, data and devices. Keep business apps and data separated from personal apps and data on the device.
- Windows apps and desktop virtualization – Provide Windows apps and data as on-demand services to any device. Maintain centralized data protection, access control and user administration.
- File sharing and sync – Make it easy for people to securely share files and sync files across devices. Keep business content secure with policy-based control, data encryption and flexible storage options.
- Collaboration – Give people the ability to work together from anywhere effectively with tools that allow them to join meetings on any device, attend virtual training sessions or create collaborative online workspaces.
- Remote support – Centrally support people and technologies in any location to ensure consistent uptime across the organization.
A defined BYOD approach gives people the freedom and flexibility to work productively on any device they choose while also simplifying IT management and security practices. Implement a BYOD policy at your organization to start reaping the many benefits of this growing trend.