8 Ways Desktop Virtualization Enables Scalability and Reduces Cost
Desktop virtualization can support thousands of local and remote users who need to access their applications and data, no matter where they are or what device they’re using. Implementing a virtual desktop solution in your workplace will reduce the cost of desktop management and allow for greater workforce mobility – we’ve all heard this – but how?
There are several ways desktop virtualization will save time and money – and it will encourage enterprise mobility as well, allowing your workers to access their files securely, even on a BYO device. Below are some specific examples of how desktop virtualization can empower your business:
- Provide access to mission-critical business apps to mobile devices without compromising security.
- Save time and money by adding new employees, opening new offices and even starting offshore operations in a matter of minutes.
- Easily support desktop setup for teleworkers, which not only saves time but helps support green initiatives by reducing travel.
- Diminish the risk of breaking compliance standards or dealing with security breaches by offering employees a safe, secure way to access applications, emails, desktops, and data.
- Offer employees an improved work-life balance by supporting virtual employees and allowing employees to work easily from anywhere – home, coffee shops or even vacation spots.
- Enhance day-to-day performance by keeping everything integrated and centrally managed.
- Recruit the best employees from all over the word and create the best mobile workforce for your business.
- Save significant time and money by updating applications and desktops centrally rather than replacing and setting up each individual computer.
Implementing a desktop virtualization solution will allow your workforce to expand globally. Providing employees with the ability to work wherever and whenever is convenient, giving them a better work-life balance