Eliminate PC Device Management Headaches with Client Virtualization
Client virtualization extends the benefits of desktop virtualization to corporate laptops and makes PCs more manageable, reliable and secure. Learn some of the key ways client virtualization solutions can benefit IT.
The total cost of ownership for PCs can be surprisingly high due to variables such as OS upgrades, frequent patch failures, viruses, malware, and lost and stolen PCs – and that’s not taking into account all the headaches that come with it!
Client virtualization can reduce costs by combining the power of centralized management with the flexibility of local execution. Image data can be stored once, then published to users automatically—so managing thousands of PCs can be just as simple as managing one. Doesn’t that sound nice?
Client virtualization extends the benefits of desktop virtualization to corporate laptops and makes PCs more manageable, reliable and secure. Here are just some of the ways it can benefit IT:
- Simplify delivery of virtual desktops with a single solution and single image to deploy, update, backup, recover, secure and control enterprise laptops
- Extend the benefits of desktop virtualization to offline laptops by allowing users the ability to work from anywhere while IT maintains centralized control
- Secure and back up corporate data through an encrypted local virtual machine with automated backup and remote kill
- Manage shared PC images for kiosks, labs and training facilities with a flexible workspace that reliably snaps back to a pristine state
- Provide extreme isolation of desktops for high security environments
Products such as Citrix XenClient deliver the lowest-cost, simplest device management solution for turning existing and new PCs into centrally managed virtual appliances.