What is hybrid IT?
Hybrid IT is an enterprise computing approach that runs existing in-house IT infrastructure alongside public cloud services for various enterprise workload and data needs.
For many organizations, a hybrid IT approach is the new reality as business becomes increasingly digital and cloud technologies continue to grow at a rapid rate. But not all organizations can jump fully into the cloud. Hybrid IT is often used as a strategy to support specific business outcomes.
Organizations may seek a hybrid IT approach if:
- Regulations or security concerns require certain resources to reside on premises
- They’re still getting value out of their existing IT infrastructure
- They want or need to maintain centralized IT control
- They have legacy systems that can’t run in the cloud
- They’re not ready to go fully cloud or are just starting to try out cloud services
Unlike hybrid cloud, the in-house and cloud resources in a hybrid IT environment are not integrated to work together as one.